Sunday, September 13, 2009

faith

My heart broke for a friend today that lost his Dad. I watched his Mom as a heartbroken widow with a face full of anguish and pain. Not too many words can be spoken.

The minister did a wonderful job though, telling about the man that is now with his Savior and Lord. Jim was a Christian man that told others about Jesus and wanted everyone to be saved and on their way to heaven. The gospel message was shared today and it surely had an effect on the family and friends in their time of sorrow. Their hope is in Jesus and that he is perfect now, in heaven.

As we stood at the gravesite, the minister began reciting the Lord's Prayer and the family and friends joined in saying this comforting prayer. I was amazed to hear my little 4 yr old saying some of the words. She must have learned it at Sunday School or day care. Unfortunately, I can't take credit but I feel proud that we must be doing something right. We have an awesome responsibility to teach these little ones about Jesus.

She told me once today that she was really sad that our friends' daddy died. But she also knows about heaven and the promises in the Bible. She is compassionate and I hope she never loses that sweet heart for others.

Have a great week :) It's jam packed and full for us already. We love ya'll.

No comments: