Those darn silent auctions just get me every time!! Those talented, creative individuals that put together such nice baskets filled with anything and everything. Those sneaky fundraisers call my name!
This most recent fundraiser was for a very good cause, of course. The little 3 month old baby has already had 2 open heart surgeries and is still in the hospital. So... a little bit of money is hardly a sacrifice on our part.
I checked out all the cool baskets and placed my bid on three of them! It's so fun! The last time I bid on multiple baskets, I came home with 2 the next day.
When the strange phone number appeared on the caller ID the next day....I was hesitant to see how much money I'd spent. I only won one basket this time. I had bid on a cabin vacation in the mountains, a sight seeing flight and dinner and massage gift certificates.
To Adam's delight....I won the airplane trip. It's a 30 minute flight from a local airport. Should be fun :)
No comments:
Post a Comment