The alarm clock is set for 5:30am each day. The obnoxious loud buzz/ring awakes me from a deep sleep. With one swift careful move, I can slide down the bed and reach the clock with an extended arm. I slap the snooze button and slide back onto the bed. 8 more minutes of sleep! It's not really sleep so I'm not even sure why I can't break this habit. I think about the day to come or the day that just past. Sometimes I just try to figure out which day of the week it is. Last weekend I got up, actually got up out of bed, and it was Saturday! Adam went hunting and me and Lacey drifted back to dreamland.
After I hit the snooze my mind starts racing most mornings. Again, why even hit the snooze button if I'm going to fall back to sleep after 6-7 minutes and then it goes off again in 1 minute?? If I continue this pattern 5 times in a row, I can "sleep" an extra 40 minutes! I'm amazed that I can do math at this early hour! So....40 minutes later, I take a quick shower and race out the door. Breakfast on the go and damp hair that will be dry before I reach work. The early morning adrenaline rush is both frustrating and challenging! I make a promise to myself to do better tomorrow. I used to be disciplined once upon a time. And now the daylight comes even later which makes the dark mornings seem even more unnatural. Maybe I should go back to night force!!?? Who shaves their legs at 5:45am anyways?? What's for breakfast? What to wear? Pack the lunch. Take care of puppies. Gotta be quiet so I don't wake the family until school time. Too many obstacles- just go back to bed! Slam the snooze just one more time! Or better yet- completely turn the clock off.
Bad habits are hard to break.
2 comments:
Were we sisters in another life? You just completely described my mornings and my ability to do math at an amazing speed at 4 in the morning. :)
glad that I'm not alone :)
Post a Comment