We sat about 2 feet apart as I attempted to be professional and courteous. She gave me exactly 45 seconds to prepare for this informal meeting. As she rattled off questions, I tried to think quickly and precisely about what to say. "what motivates you? what drives you each day? short term goals? long term goals? how would you like to develop yourself? strengths? weaknesses? blah, blah, blah, blah.....that's what I heard.
I hate those kind of questions. Especially on the spot when I'm not prepared, at least a little.
My mind says: "Well, I really enjoyed my day off yesterday. It felt great to take my daughter for her doctor check- up and take care of her all day. It was fun to pack us a picnic lunch and enjoy a beautiful afternoon at the park. Nice to take care of some errands, at my leisure. Especially enjoyed cooking for my family and having dinner ready for my husband when he got home from work. Playing puzzles, bedtime baths.....I could go on and on".
But, I respond professionally and answer the mumbo jumbo questions with the "right" answers. Not completely honest, but I'm not stupid either. You can't answer with your heart sometimes. So, for now, I will be reading selected books (on my own time), taking special online courses and attending classes that will help me achieve my goals and turn me into the ideal employee! haha They will be so happy and the paperwork will look fabulous. That is their desire.
My heart feels different.... "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
No comments:
Post a Comment