Friday, May 30, 2008

end of the day

"Did you have a fun day?" I have a habit of asking that question to Lacey when I get home from work or as she is going to sleep at night. She normally responds with a smile and tells me a quick story about something special that happened that day. It makes me feel so good to know that she had a fun day, is happy, healthy and feels so loved. At the end of the day all is well.

Too bad it isn't that simple for adults. But at the end of this long day, I know that I can be at peace with my decisions, my actions, my morales, values and ethics. It takes alot more courage and strength to do what is right than to just ignore the problem or hide. No matter the cost.

I guess at the end of the day we must be able to look in the mirror and not turn away. You know the truth deep in your heart. God knows our heart and intentions and that's really all that matters at the end of the day.

No comments: