Thursday, July 17, 2008

sweet little eyes

Once you have a child, you see everything through the eyes of that little child. The world appears much different than before. You notice the little things in life, especially nature and God's beautiful creation. Who knew that a caterpillar, hermit crab (our new pet), a rabbit or a frog could be so much fun to watch?

I was driving home with a friend the other night (she has no kids) and she mentioned how bright it seemed that late in the evening. I mentioned the moon was really bright the night before, almost a full moon. She just shrugged and said "I never noticed." I just giggled as I thought about my nightly ritual with Lacey. When I get home from work I scoop her up and we go out on the front porch in the darkness. She's always amazed to see the moon and the stars. Each night she is fascinated like she has never seen it before. We share this sweet moment and she tells me the highlights about her day. The moon tonight was a cool orange color and tomorrow I'm sure we will check out the full moon as it appears.

I know that one day she won't be interested in these things, so for now, I'm just enjoying the view, through my child's eyes.

No comments: