Tuesday, October 21, 2008

it's raining money!

Have you seen those tall contest booths that blow money everywhere and the person inside tries to catch it quickly? Well, I had a similiar experience today. This afternoon I was at the mall on my way to Christmas shop. Yes, you read that correctly. I try every year to be organized and finish the shopping early but it never works. This might be the year it actually happens. Anyways, I was in the parking lot walking towards the door, holding my jacket closed from the cool breeze. Leaves were blowing every direction and it was getting quite windy. All of a sudden I notice some strange looking green leaves blowing beside me-- it was money! It happened so quickly I was sorta stunned. I'm proud to say that I actually paused to look for the sad person that may be trying to catch their money but there was no one close by. I then decided to try to catch it despite the wind. On 2nd thought, it was probably a dollar so I chose to ignore it. Immediately I thought, maybe it was 50 dollars or a hundred dollars! Who knew? So, I did a funny little dance and tried to catch it with my feet, no luck. The wind blew again and I decided to make a last attempt to gain extra shopping money. I took a few steps backwards, sorta a jog I guess and followed the cash. I noticed a girl in a car watching me and probably wandering what the heck I was doing. I convinced myself it was only a small amount and not really worth the effort so I went back the other direction towards the mall entrance again. Who knows? There may be a very happy little kid out there that grabbed some flying money today and bought some new toys. Maybe a struggling couple used the money for gas this evening. More than likely it was only a dollar but it was still quite funny. I like to imagine how long that money was blowing around, circling the mall and entertaining folks all day. I bet there was a hidden camera somewhere!

I ended the day at Goodys and boy.......do I wish I would have caught that extra money to pay for my shopping trip :)

No comments: