Saturday, October 18, 2008

joy

Today was our annual Ladies "Tea" for our church. There's just something so special about a group of women, all singing praises to God, joined together for a few hours to socialize, serve and receive a blessing. I can only imagine how happy God must feel when 60 women are gathered together for one reason and one commonality. Wait....is that a word? ha ha

We listened to personal stories and testimonies that touched every heart in the room. Every person has a story. And, one day, I might be brave enough to share our adoption story and how God blessed us with Lacey. I'm not a public speaker at all but it might encourage someone or help someone by sharing our story.

It was so sweet to see the little girls today, singing and having fun. I really don't think there is anything more important we can teach our kids than to know Jesus and to be saved one day. These little girls are so precious.

As the men (aka; deer slayers) were out in the cold woods eating stale pepperoni rolls and drinking hot chocolate, the ladies enjoyed a fun day with friends and a delicious, nice meal. Sometimes, we are as different as night and day :)

No comments: