Have you ever had a personal assistant shopper? Neither have I.... until tonight! It's no secret that I love to shop at Goody's and it's usually my first choice when I have some free time to shop. So this evening I was looking around the store and needed a little assistance. I asked the friendly looking employee a simple question and it all began at that point! She was maybe in her 40's or early 50's and had a soft voice and friendly smile. She repeatedly called me "honey", which only added to the resemblance of my father-in-law's girlfriend. I don't know her name so we will just call her Mary for the next few minutes. Mary quickly answered my question and began browsing the racks of clothes for a skirt that I was looking for. We talked for a few minutes and she helped me find a few things. I mentioned that I had new boots and was looking for a couple new skirts. I gratefully took the items she found for me and noticed that she had even picked up my correct size! They couldn't pay me enough to guess a customer's clothing size! So, I thanked the nice lady and walked away and browsed some more. I didn't realize she was still shopping for me! She sorta followed me around and made suggestions about what would be "so cute" and "so hot". She really had good taste and a sense of style that I liked. I sorta giggled to myself and thought there must be a hidden camera around somewhere.
My shopping assistant Mary continued to "help" me for like, no kidding, a half hour! It was fun, but strange, of course. With a buggy full of clothes, I headed to the dressing room. I quickly decided that if she followed me, I would quickly leave the store! I began to wonder if my appearance gave the illusion that I really needed a fashion consultant, which of course I do. Maybe Mary felt sorry for me and thought she would help this poor soul find a new outfit. In my defense, I did leave the house early this morning for overtime and my jeans and sweatshirt felt just perfect for this work day.
After my shopping adventure, my receipt shows that I came home with a pair of men's slippers, a black wallet, a pair of tights and a new dog bed. Obviously my new personal shopper didn't help much huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment