Well, I arrived early this morning at small town main street for an appointment. An hour later I headed towards my car and was greeted by a marching band, the Shriners, the boy scouts and various other groups. Most important of course were the group of veterans in the front of the parade. I never imagined there would be a parade in the small town this morning. So here I was...stuck in my car with no way to escape. I was already late for work but now I would really be late. I called my hubby and he suggested that I just drive my car in the parade and then cut down a side street to head to work. I just laughed, thought about it, and then decided to just recline my seat a little, get comfy and enjoy the parade! Fortunately, my boss trusts me or else he would never believe that story! Happy Veterans Day!
I ran to the mall tonight after work to pick up a Christmas gift. I thought I was really ahead of the game this year until.....tonight. The mall already has a Santa area for photos, Christmas trees and blaring Christmas music. I guess the greedy retail giants are planning ahead too!
and of course work is nuts right now, after the election. people are scared and nervous about the future. it's been a strange day.
No comments:
Post a Comment