Sunday, November 9, 2008

sweet music

2 weeks now, I guess you can say that Lacey is a member of the church choir now! She's the smallest person in the bunch but she doesn't mind at all. She holds the song book with her new little friend and sings and smiles... She waves at Mommy and Daddy once in awhile and sits quietly during announcements and offering. We proudly wave back at our little girl that is finally leaving the shyness behind and just having fun! These little steps of independence make me proud but one day I'm sure I will wish she was totally dependant on me again. Bittersweet I guess.

She loves this church time with her friends and I tell her how happy Jesus is to watch her sing and be a big girl at church. Who knows? Maybe this year she will be in the Christmas play again and make it to the front of the church, not a bee line to mom and dad :)

We may not have a large choir on a stage, a band or instruments. But we do have people that sing praises each week to their Lord and now....with a little help from a sweet little 3 yr old.

No comments: