Sunday, March 29, 2009

mom's day out

Bright and early one morning I jumped out of bed, excited, and ready for the day. I quickly showered and found a windsuit that would keep me warm on the cold morning. I woke up my sleepy little girl and kissed Adam goodbye for the day. He headed to work and we headed to school. I dropped Lacey off at school and began my selfish, fun, Mom's day out!! Who needed the holiday pay? I just wanted some time alone to relax and do a few of my favorite things. These moments are far and few between but I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I headed downtown and set out for my brisk morning walk. I cleared my head and just really enjoyed my quiet walk. I made it about 1.5 miles but then my nose began to freeze and my heart was pumping so I decided to head indoors to a nice warm spot. I wish I could walk that same route every morning.

I headed downtown and browsed the book store, a nice little gift shop and a few other stores that were"new" to me. I wandered into the cafe for a light breakfast. I enjoyed a nice meal, warm hot chocolate, a newspaper and text with my best friend. No rush...I had all day. I stopped by the Walmart to develop some photos and headed home. My scrapbooks were waiting! I anxiously spread out all my materials on the living room floor and popped in the movie "Nights in Rodanthe". My house was quiet as I worked on summer vacation photos and recalled all the great memories! The movie was great but not quite as good as the book. I had a fun afternoon and anxiously greeted my family a few hours later.

I had anticipated this day for a few weeks and I cherished every minute of my day! Yeah, I had a great day while everyone was enduring their typical work day. It may be a year from now...but I know this will be a treat for me again sometime. No computers.....no phone calls.....just freedom to do anything and everything (well, sorta!) in about 8 hours. I kept wondering what it would be like to have this much freedom every day of the week? I could get used to that!! ha ha

And then the next morning....bright and early....back to work.....and back to reality.
It was fun while it lasted!

No comments: