On my way to work this morning I was thinking about the grown-up conversations I had to have with my little four year old this weekend. Some things you just can't ignore.
As we approached the stop light at Sheetz, I noticed Carson standing there with his sign, asking for money. I just knew that Lacey would ask about this man, standing next to her car window. We've seen him many times before but Lacey was never stopped this close, right next to him. As we pulled away, I had to explain why he was asking people for money and why we chose not to give him any. I told her that he's not really homeless, he just has some problems. I explained that we could pray for him but we weren't giving money to him for beer. I think she was satisfied....at least until we see him again probably.
Divorce is striking close to home once again and our hearts are broken for the family. We explained this situation to our little girl and how things would be different probably. Sadly, she is becoming all too familiar with the word divorce. She asked when me and Daddy would be getting divorced, like everyone else? We explained that we will never divorce and we'll always be together as a family. She has used this word alot this weekend and hopefully the fascination wears off soon. She sympathized with our friends and I thought she was going to cry actually. She has a little heart of gold.
And....on a lighter note......I spent 10 minutes this morning (already running late).....to explain why she is a big girl and must wear more than her pretty little Dora panties to preschool today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment