Sunday, February 10, 2008

dreaded DMV

After speaking to the blue uniformed man and paying a fine, I made a stop at the DMV last week for my hubby. Have you been to the DMV lately? Everyone usually has a story after finishing this errand. I hurried there one morning on my way to work. I allowed a little extra time because I knew it would be a long process. One minute into the process I realized that I already forgot an important document that would be required. So the nice lady gave me the fax number and I decided to fax the paperwork later that day, at my husband's convenience. I then got my number and found a comfy chair to settle into. I waited patiently as I heard "B-10, A-8, B-11, Now serving A-5, and on and on and on. I started thinking about BINGO and had some funny memories as I waited. That seemed to make the situation a little better.

Finally, I felt like I won the jackpot BINGO when my number was called. I hurried to the correct aisle and met the friendly man behind the counter. Fortunately, I'm not being sarcastic, he was actually friendly. But then when he realized I didn't have all the right documents, his friendliness turned to frustration with me. He quickly advised me that he needed the receipt NOW, not later today, and pointed me in the direction of the gross pay phone in the corner. Of course my cell phone was dead because I left it on all night. I was too involved with a pesty rodent and greasy hair, (see previous skunk post). Anyways, I used the nasty pay phone full of germs and called the court house. I was super sweet as I asked for the receipt to be faxed as quickly as possible. The nice lady must have heard my desperation as she quickly obliged. So, back to the waiting chairs I went.

It's bingo time again, again, and again. Back to the frustrated man for a 2nd time to complete this process. I really just wanted to go to work and risk another fine at this point. He glared at me a little and did his job. Did I mention there are now bars at the counter that separate you from the employee? I have never seen this before and my mind was going crazy wondering what actually occurred that made the bars necessary?? So we are sorta peeping at each other the whole time.

Finally, this task was over and I quickly headed out to my stinky Honda. I raced on to work and made it on time with 2 minutes to spare. Only 10 hours until time to go home! And the morale of the story is: to always avoid the DMV in person, if at all possible.

1 comment:

StudioL6 said...

I agree with you about the DMV. Customer service is basically blah.