It was dark as I drove home from work, minding my own business. I was on the interstate next to another car when I saw the black and white "thing" flipping and spinning around in the air. I soon realized that it wasn't just garbage on the road when the unmistakable smell filled the air, and my car! I didn't realize that my car just received a free skunk bath. I made a quick stop at Target and realized that the smell was only getting worse. The "odor" became very strong as I decided if I should laugh or cry. It smelled so strong that I thought the stupid animal must be in my car somewhere. I carefully opened the back door and half expected the fat little rodent to jump out and run away. Of course the only thing present was the strong smell. I endured a few stares and giggles as the store employees noticed the strange scent. It must be on my coat too. I was ready to cry.
I enjoyed a wonderful cold ride home with the moon roof open and 2 windows all the way down as I tried to rid my honda of this fragrance. I shivered and cranked the heat up as I drove quickly home. As I pulled into my driveway I decided to hurry and close the moon roof before I forgot and left it open all night. (see previous post about the honda flood awhile back!) As the roof closed I felt a tug on my head and realized that my long hair had blown partially out of the roof and was now causing some pain. I quickly opened the stupid roof and pulled my hair out, along with a bunch of grease from the roof tracks!
So, I proceeded to cut the greasy clumpy mess out of my hair while talking to my brother-in-law on the phone as he laughed at my story. I headed out the door this morning armed with perfume and lysol spray. I opened the door to my car and almost puked up my cheerios. So I sprayed and sprayed the lysol to make things better. I then enjoyed a lovely nauseating hour drive to work with the skunk and floral fresh lysol combination. As I pulled into work, I prayed that my co-workers would be forgiving and maybe have an upper respiratory problem that clogged their nasal passages.
Tonight I headed to the automatic car wash and ordered the underneath spray to help alleviate the problem. Things are looking (and smelling) better. There is good news though. I imagine that the repair man will work very quickly tomorrow to replace my cracked window shield (totally unrelated) once he pops his head into my honda :)
No comments:
Post a Comment