Sunday, June 29, 2008

Runaway Bride

Have you seen this movie? I've watched it about 10 times and plan to visit "Hale" MD soon. The real town is called Berlin MD and you can check it out at www.berlinmdcc.org

We plan to visit the hardware store where Julia Roberts worked and check out the Atlantic Hotel where Richard Gere (the USA Today reporter) stayed. I'd like to get a haircut at the Curl Up and Dye salon. Just hope it doesn't turn out colorful like Richard Geres' :) We plan to stroll the quaint little streets and visit the downtown shops. We must stop at Victorian Charm, which is the bridal shop in the movie. It's actually a bridal/gift shop so I'm sure we could find a little treasure of some sort. We can also have lunch at the little diner, just as in the movie.

I'll be sure to post lots of pictures of this adventure, I can hardly wait! It was a hit movie back in 1998 and it's funny because even the church website devotes an entire page to the filming of this movie at their little church! The town is probably still buzzing about the Hollywood action. In the movie, Richard Gere compares Berlin to Mayberry!

So for a few hours one afternoon, I'll be Julia and Adam can be Richard :)

No comments: