Please tell me that Easter came out of the blue this year- a complete surprise on the calendar right? Surely it hasn't been on the calendar for months, or at least a few weeks to prepare? Approximately 2 days ago, like on Good Friday, the mad rush began. I went shopping after work to get things for our kids at church and to find a pretty new dress for me that would be just perfect! Funny huh? It wasn't so funny as I shopped for about 4 hours and came home exhausted and sick. I could have been home with my family. Yesterday I got the crafts ready for Sunday school and set things up at church. Lacey helped hide the Easter eggs and we were good to go! About 7pm last night I realized her new little dress was still in her hamper, tags and all, waiting to be washed. I found some clothes in my closet that were sorta spring-like and made her Easter basket after she fell asleep. I got the eggs ready for her and Justin to have an egg hunt and decided to call it a night. Sometime last evening I tried to figure out where all the family was meeting for dinner, the time, etc. We still got that all messed up but it was fine.
I used to think I was a real organized person and sorta proud as I marked off my little check lists and carefully planned for events or holidays, at least a few weeks ahead of time. I don't know what happened to this skill but it went out the window recently, at least for this holiday, or maybe the past 2 or 3. Birthdays, anniversaries, etc..... may be remembered, maybe not. So disappointed in myself! Sometimes, I just throw my hands in the air and say "I give up- I can't remember everything!"
I did help Adam to fix his tie, with a few hours to spare this morning. And.. I managed to paint my toe nails about 30 minutes before leaving the house. Organized Chaos... that sounds good. Maybe I'll just blame it on my sinus infection and ear infection.
However, we did have a nice holiday- planned or unplanned! And my little 4 year old understands the true meaning of Easter. That is really all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment