How many days left?? The first day of school has been filled with mixed emotions- excitement and sadness. She was ready though....just like we knew she would be. It was an easy transition and we are grateful for her loving and caring teachers. She looked so cute this morning and I have plenty of pictures to cherish! Her new pink backpack is as big as her almost! We were greeted at the door by her teacher and she quickly found her little cubby. We stashed her belongings and went to see the other kids. She started playing with her best little friend and smiled as Mom took a few more pictures. We hugged a few times and all was well. She will have a great school year. I did witness one poor Mom that was having a little difficulty and it was upsetting the child as well. My heart broke for them. If only we could shelter them forever. I guess we can to a certain degree but I also know the difference between the word shelter and the word smother!
I ran a few errands and enjoyed my morning. I had some free time like this to myself back in February...it's been too long. I found that Walmart is barren at early morning. I grabbed a newspaper and found that special little doll that is waiting for Lacey in her car seat. She got one surprise already this morning, an Archie comic book. Of course, she can't read but she likes the pictures. I gave her a special little card and I thought she was gonna cry- she just loved it! I ran over to see Adam and his friend on the other end of town. I could hardly wait to show them the morning pictures! I visited the farmer's market (first time I think) and bought some homemade apple butter and some fresh corn on the cob. I stopped to chat for awhile with a good friend at her coffee shop. She owns a great little coffee house downtown and it was so fun to see her again.
Just me and my tunes...pounded the pavement at the park for a nice long 3 mile walk. A great way to clear your head and of course to get exercise. I walked off the hot chocolate and cinnabon breakfast plus some! If only every day was this fun! I came home and gave my car a bath and did some work around here. Playing on this computer and just hanging out. I've got dinner started and ready to pick up my little girl from school.
Yeah, I could get used to this kind of day. Annual leave again tomorrow? Tempting!! I'm anxious to hear about Lacey's fun day and head to the park. I can't wait to see her face when she finds her new special baby doll. We have a big giant bag of peanuts to feed the squirrels and enjoy some time after school. Dinner together tonight with Daddy and maybe play outside awhile.
It's been a great day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment