I started to panick as I seen the school phone number appear on my work telephone. I quickly answered and spoke to the director. My little girl was crying and "wanted her mommy." She has been at this school for over a year and this was the very first phone call to come rescue her. I was told she awoke from her nap with a slight fever and complaining she didn't feel good all over. She is just getting over a virus so I figured maybe she was having a relapse or something. I told the school I would be there in 45 minutes, as soon as I could. I just pictured my sweet little girl standing in the teacher's office, hugging her bear and crying for mommy. My heart broke and I couldn't get there fast enough. The commute took even longer than usual as I felt sad and worried. This was totally unusual for Lacey.
I arrived at the school and looked through the glass door. Lacey was smiling as she saw me coming! She didn't look bad at all. I could tell she had been crying but she was fine. She was with her friends and holding her favorite bear. She was excited to see me and to go home early for the day. As we played that evening....she said she was feeling fine and just wanted her mommy. I explained we can't do this all the time, unless she is sick of course. We played Barbies and all was well. She was safe and happy at home and so was I.
No comments:
Post a Comment