Did you know the majority of the world is wide awake at 7am? I voluntarily re-discovered this fact early this morning. I awoke to the annoying alarm clock that had weird numbers of 5:45. What was I thinking? Actually, I was thinking about extra overtime spending money for vacation in a couple weeks. That was my only motivator! Just me and Buddy, the hermit crab, were awake in the dark house. I laughed and watched as he put his whole body in the food bowl to eat breakfast. Who knew? Funny, but not worth getting out of bed to see again. I turned on CNN rambling as I stumbled to the shower. Surprisingly, I made it out the door at 7am, as I grabbed an oatmeal packet, baggie of walnuts and a bowl. Breakfast would come later I guess. I stepped off the front porch only to see a huge, green, nasty pile of doggie doo-doo! I was pretty certain that my sweet little 7 pound dogs did not make this mess. However, it was an awesome appetite suppressant. I silently cursed the obviously sick dog as I went about my way. Why not share the surprise gift with Adam? Then, I felt horrible as I spotted the dog lying motionless on the road as I passed by. I suddenly felt honored that he chose to visit my lawn before entering doggie heaven. So, I followed the parade of cars down our 2 lane country road to the interstate. I guess numerous people start work this early, obviously.
Did you know that people have yard sales at 7am?? And.....they had many customers doing some early morning shopping. What the heck?!?! I thought it was a crime scene, a funeral or something. I rolled my eyes, laughed and continued on the adventure. I decided an egg and cheese biscuit sounded better than my oatmeal so I attempted to stop at BK. Yeah, the appetite suppressant wasn't so effective after all. Where in the world do all these people come from? Cars everywhere, people scrambling to get their breakfast and cup of joe to go. I patiently waited in line and was finally greeted by a young female that was especially chipper on this Thursday morning. And it was especially annoying on this Thursday morning. Bless her heart. Again, I followed the parade of cars to my workplace and watched in amazement. People bustling everywhere, beginning their day. Even the bomb dogs were bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready for action, or no action, fortunately. I arrived at my desk at 8am sharp and made a conclusion for future reference.
Best wishes and have fun, you early birds......I will see you mid-morning!
I hope this blog made you smile as we remember the victims, heroes and survivors of Sept 11th. We will never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment