There are some people in the world that are sincerely unselfish. They meet the needs of others, without regard to their own personal well-being. They live a life to serve and help people. They make numerous sacrifices and give unselfishly without expecting anything in return. These type of people really don't care if others notice their good deeds or if they receive any acknowledgement for their giving of time or money. I'm glad I know some people that Live to Give. Boy, I really would like to live up to that motto! It always feels good to serve people and meet needs of others when you have the opportunity. The gift may be big or small. It may involve money or maybe just your tme, which is valuable of course too. If you keep your eyes open, there is always a chance to help someone and meet their need. God has a way of arranging these coincidences :) It may seem small to you, but it may make a huge difference to that person. Gratitude or acknowledgement shouldn't matter, only a honest, sincere heart to do what is right and good.
Honestly though, sometimes everything can seem overwhelming and you just want to give up on everyone and everything. Sometimes you just want to be selfish and take care of yourself instead of doing a million other things. But I'm always reminded that the Bible teaches we should "never grow weary of doing good." Help someone out, meet that need. I think the rewards one day will be beyond our imagination!
On the flip side, I do know people that sadly live their life only for themselves. I think it would be miserable and sad to be that self absorbed. And deep down, you know they are miserable. They don't care about anyone or anything except what they want at that moment. Have you seen the kid and teenager t-shirt that says "It's all about Me!"? It's cute and funny for a toddler or as a joke but not when you really live that way.
I believe we should bless others, just as God has blessed us. I think we may never know the importance of our actions or deeds until we reach heaven. But it really doesn't matter, we should do good things with the right heart and motives anyways. And that.....is my soap box for the day :)
LIVE TO GIVE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment