Thursday, September 4, 2008

the shoe princess


So much to blog about.....where do I begin? Politics (Palin!!), preschool concerns.... But I have wanted to post this picture all week but haven't had the time so we will talk about our little shoe princess. Lacey loves shoes! Like alot of little girls, she has always pranced around the house in mommy's shoes. She will sit in the dirty Walmart floor for an hour, if I have the patience, to try on numerous pairs of shoes! She doesn't really care if we buy them, she just enjoys putting them on and going for a quick walk to look in the mirror. She throws them somewhere and I clean up the mess as she happily tries on the next pair! This picture was taken last weekend at Payless when we were actually shoe shopping. She is the proud owner of new Dora tennis shoes and little brown fall shoes. Her sandals ended up in the box and she proudly wore her new brown shoes out of the store. She could hardly wait! The size doesn't matter when she is on a mission, only if she thinks they are cute or pretty. So, these big ole boots were a size 13 and it was too funny to watch! She spent like 10 minutes putting them on and then stumbled around the store for a few minutes. Of course, I snap a picture because it was too cute and then look at Adam and he is taking a picture on his cell. She sadly put the boots back in the box as I promised that we would try on boots again when the snow started flying in a couple months. By then, she may be able to wear the size 13! If you don't have kids... their feet grow like super fast, it's unreal. I just bought her some new skechers awhile back and now I'm describing the new Dora shoes. Her teachers will be pleasantly surprised to see the velcro, they won't need to tie her shoes a million times a day. So now you know the rest of the story....... I like purses and Lacey loves shoes! And Adam thinks we are both crazy :)

No comments: