Friday, December 28, 2007

booba.....what??


I now introduce you to the boobaloo! You can't tell in the picture but this little joy ride is at least 2 feet wide and 4 feet long- it's a monster! It's the cadillac of mall strollers. It is worth a million dollars in my book. Every time we visit this big mall we have to rent this little baby. On this particular day there was a line to rent one of these and fortunately we got the last one! It really is a life saver if you are Christmas shopping with a toddler, packages, bananas, new toys, old toys, drinks, etc. But as we made our way to the Outback we quickly realized we would have to take the stroller outside the mall to go to dinner. Hmmmmmmmmm......boobaloo or Outback? We chose both. As we left the mall we were waiting for the alarms to sound and the renta cops to arrive. Nothing happened so we headed down the sidewalk for our yummy dinner. Of course the wait was like 30 minutes and there were people everywhere on this sunny Saturday in December. Adam carefully drove our little car around the people and across a few toes. We giggled, said excuse me and kept on strolling. The next problem was finding a parking space in the crowded, busy restaurant. We endured several mean stares and glances. By this time, Lacey was hungry and becoming whiney. All the while, a young college kid stared as we read his stupid t-shirt that said "Make Love, NOT Babies" We (sorta) carefully, placed the buggy by our table so no one would steal our little jewel. Yeah, we looked stupid but who cared? Actually, I did, and that's why Adam was forced to push it and handle it. Plus it was his idea. So Lacey decides to fall asleep on Adam's shoulder after dinner and that only leaves one option- I would need to take this stupid stroller back out of the restaurant among all the people. I think we must have looked like the Beverly Hillbillies as they were packed to go. I really can't tell you how many ankles I scraped and how many toes were crushed that day. And for some reason, we just kept laughing, it was uncontrollable. Embarrassing and uncontrollable. We giggled all the way back to the mall. In all seriousness, I almost peed my pants. But we were safe and sound and our shopping buggy was ours for the rest of the night. Of course, we are probably banned from that Outback now, but maybe it was worth it!?
The Boobaloo Rocks!

No comments: