Today I had the pleasure of visiting the dentist. Not a quick, easy, nice cleaning... but actual dental work. Yeah, it sucked. Go ahead and laugh, your turn is coming! I closed my eyes as he discreetly brought the big needle close to my mouth. My heart doesn't race if I can't see the big stupid thing coming at me. I was a little nervous since it was a new dentist and "a big appointment" as he stated. I had grown fond of my old dentist, older, father-like with christian music playing in the background. I enjoyed meditating on the bible scriptures on the wall as he worked on my teeth. But this new place, is all modern and advanced, and no religious comfort to be found. So I stared at the dull ceiling as the jackhammer like tool pulsated my head. At one point, I honestly heard him ask the assistant for the "excavator" and I got a little nervous. What the heck is that? And the bands were tight, uncomfortable and annoying sticking out of my head. I could see the little screw thing sticking out of my mouth so yeah, I decided to just close my eyes again until that freakin thing was gone. He quickly learned that I was a visual person and didn't like to see all these weird things. Only 2 more appts to go!
I've enjoyed the pudding and jello today and the dull toothaches (2 teeth) that are reminders of my lovely morning. I was already late for work this morning so I decided to go to the mall. A new pair of sandals eased the discomfort and bad mood. I made it through my work day and decided to return to the mall for a little more shopping. I had to get more Aleve anyways, so why not shop a little too? I made it home 14 hours later (literally) and slipped into my robe, ready for the weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment