Wednesday, April 23, 2008

organic shmorganic

I really don't recycle. Maybe if I'm sitting at lunch and the big blue bin is staring at me, I might throw my plastic water bottle in there, maybe. I don't separate my garbage because it all goes in the same trash truck so what's the point? Do you think the garbage men sort all of it later? I have no plans to "go green" like the current trend. I don't think about saving our planet or making things better for future generations. Sorry. Maybe one day I'll care but for now it's not really a top priority in my life.

I'm not really sure what recycling has to do with organic but that was where I was headed with this thought tonight. Anyways, if you think about organic items you are probably thinking about strawberries, apples or vegetables. Did UNDERWEAR pop into your head? I'm serious, I seen Organic Underwear in the store the other day. I just stood there and giggled because I didn't understand and I still don't yet tonight. What's the difference? Are they safer? Healthier? I don't get it. We don't buy organic usually so I'm ignorant on this subject. We buy alot of fruits but I don't see the great benefits of organic. Back to the underwear. What is wrong with Hanes, Fruit of the Loom or Victoria's Secret panties? Are these brands killing me? I'm sure there is a scientific study out there somewhere on this subject and 2 percent of the population have reported itching, burning or some other kind of annoying problem with regular underwear. So, "they" will now be urging the general public that it is much better to purchase organic panties and avoid the problems. My husband thinks maybe organic means they are edible! But we won't go there. Again, we are ignorant on this subject. Feel free to enlighten me if you wish.

No comments: