Thursday, April 10, 2008

"It won't kill ya"

Actually it will. E-coli in the water at work is not a good thing! So we've been told not to drink the water or have any kind of contact, including to not wash our hands! It's bad enough when people leave the restroom without washing their hands but now..... they don't even have a choice and are told not to wash. It's been a long day for this germ freak! I demand hazard pay for 10 hours! As I pulled into work this morning the lot was deserted and I had many parking choices. And then it dawned on me that the majority of the staff got 2 free days off work! But those of us that are considered "essential" are expected to battle snow storms, terrorist activity and contaminated water in order to fulfill our duties. So, armed with my Aquafina and GermX hand sanitizer I went to work. Lucky me huh?

I usually drink alot of bottled water but today was the exception. I avoided the nasty restrooms at all costs. No internet today either. Too many germs from all the filfthy, unwashed hands. I couldn't even rinse my pasta bowl after lunch. Did I mention we also have mice? Yeah, they run between the desks and have a ball. But now I'm home, with nice, scrubbed clean hands and I'm much better. There is a bright side to the story though. I was at the mall today and some restaurants were closed or had signs that advised they couldn't make certain drinks due to the contaminated water. I'm thinking that's a good idea but who wants to eat their food either??? The employees couldn't wash their hands right? Anyways, one little lady had a nice big sign by her store entrance that read: "Slurpies are safe to drink!" She was making a fortune today! Slurpies Rock :)

No comments: